Carve deeper, turn faster, and get aggressive on those groomers with the new and improved Black Crows Orb Ski. Designed for skiers with a no-holds-barred approach to on-piste lines, the Orb caters to freeskiers with a background in ski racing. With moderate camber underfoot and a flat tail, this ski excels on groomed runs and hardpack, but that’s not say that it isn’t afraid to pin the throttle down wind-buffed bowls and tight chutes, either.
Updated for 2019, the Orb Ski has had 3mm of width shaved from its waist and an increased turn radius, giving you the freedom to make big arcing turns down steep runs, and to do it as fast as you please. Black Crows also accentuated the front rocker and early rise tail to create more play, while still giving you the power to conquer off-piste crude or an inch or two of fresh snow. The ski’s powerful and energetic flex still comes courtesy of a springy poplar core and stiff Titanal laminates, which give the ski a high-performance feel when you’re blasting down frontside groomers or mobbing down chopped crud.
- All you need for a solid day at the resort
- 88mm waist handles perfectly on the groomers
- Early rise tip adds float and eases turn initiation
- Traditional camber underfoot rallies hardpack like a pro
- Poplar wood core delivers a light and springy play
- Double Titanal laminate adds stiff power and response
- Chamonix-based Black Crows knows a thing or two about big-mountain skiing
- Length: 169cm, 174cm, 179cm, 184cm
- Dimensions: [169cm] 124 / 88 / 108mm, [174cm] 124 / 88 / 109mm, [179cm] 124 / 88 / 110mm, [184cm] 126 / 88 / 111mm
- Turn Radius: 21m
- Profile: early rise, traditional camber underfoot
- Construction: sandwich
- Core: poplar wood
- Laminate: H-shaped double Titanal plate
- Claimed Weight: [pair, 179cm] 7lb 13oz (3544g)
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited 2 years
There are no reviews yet.